4.22.2008

Thirty-First: Fun and Games

So, after my little grumping entry, I feel a need to do something a bit more fun!

I saw this on Jenny's Blog the other day & had to steal it. It was so fun playing hers that I had to jump on the bandwagon. The rules:
• Pick 10 of your favorite movies (okay, I got carried away, but why does it have to be just 10?).
• Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
• Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
• Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
• Looking them up is cheating. Please don’t.


1.) "You may see me only as a drunken, vice-ridden gnome whose friends are just pimps and girls from the brothels. But I know about art and love, if only because I long for it with every fiber of my being." - Moulin Rouge!, Jenny

2.) "This isn't life, it's just stuff. And it's become more important to you than living. Well, honey, that's just nuts." - American Beauty, Jesse (who should get it, since he acted in a remake!)

3.) "It started as rioting. But right from the beginning you knew this was different. Because it was happening in small villages, market towns. And then it wasn't on the TV any more. It was in the street outside. It was coming in through your windows. It was a virus. An infection. You didn't need a doctor to tell you that. It was the blood. It was something in the blood. By the time they tried to evacuate the cities it was already too late. Army blockades were overrun. And that's when the exodus started. Before the TV and radio stopped broadcasting there were reports of infection in Paris and New York. We didn't hear anything more after that." - Children of Men, Holly

4.) "Bill Groundhog-Day, Ghostbustin'-ass Murray!" - Coffee & Cigarettes, Darold

5.) "I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream." - Shawshank Redemption, Darold

6.) "On September 3rd 1973, at 6:28pm and 32 seconds, a bluebottle fly capable of 14,670 wing beats a minute landed on Rue St Vincent, Montmartre. At the same moment, on a restaurant terrace nearby, the wind magically made two glasses dance unseen on a tablecloth. Meanwhile, in a 5th-floor flat, 28 Avenue Trudaine, Paris 9, returning from his best friend's funeral, Eugène Colère erased his name from his address book. At the same moment, a sperm with one X chromosome, belonging to Raphaël Poulain, made a dash for an egg in his wife Amandine." - Amelie, Electronic Goose (which sounds like another movie all together!)

7.) "Look at it out here, it's all falling apart. I'm erasing you and I'm happy!" and "Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating." from the same film. - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Darold

8.) "A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one." and "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." - Fight Cub, Jackie

9.) "She doesn't get eaten by the eels at this time." and "You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles." and "No one would surrender to the Dread Pirate Westley." - The Princess Bride, Jessie

10.) "So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right? Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it."

11.) "Ever fired your gun in the air and yelled, 'Aaaaaaah?'" and "My, my, here come the Fuzz." - Hot Fuzz, Jesse

12.) "K-mart sucks." - Rain Man, Jenny (though I thoroughly expected Darold to get this one!)

13.) "And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death." - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Jenny

Okay. Let's see how you all do on these. There's a few that I know certain people - if they're reading this - should get. :) Have fun!

11 comments:

Jenny said...

1 is Moulin Rouge
12 is Rain Man
13 is Harry Potter/Sorcerer's Stone (i think!)
I think I know a couple others, but I'll let everybody else guess to see if I'm right.

Electronic Goose said...

6 could be Amelie ... ? I'm not good at movie quotes!

Jesse Swords said...

11 is Hot Fuzz

Jez said...

haha, this is fun! I'm pretty positive that number 9 is The Princess Bride. How come no one's guessed that one yet? For shame!

I might do this on my blog and see who plays along...lol

Knitting Linguist said...

This is definitely a fun one to read on folks' blogs -- I watch so few movies, though, that I am thinking of it more as a new list of things to watch than as something I can guess at!

Jackie Lewis said...

#8 is my beloved Fight Club!!!!

And IknowIknowIknow some of the others, but my brain is flat.

I love you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Is #2 either Children of Men or 28 Days Later?

Anonymous said...

#8 is Michael Connelly (right name?)--that movie with the lawyer who finds out the truth about the poison that the agriculture company is making. Just recently released to video.

Anonymous said...

4.) Coffee & Cigarettes
5.) Shawshank Redemption
7.) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Jesse Swords said...

#2 is American Beauty

Anonymous said...

So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right? Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it."

American History X